230 Fifth Avenue
- Located: Corner of East 27th Street and 5th Avenue
- Built: 1914
- Renovations: Sidewalk - 2018
- Total Building Size: 465,000SF
- Floors: 20, 2 below-grade
230 Fifth Avenue was built in 1914 and designed by the architectural firm of Schwartz & Gross in a Beaux Arts style, replacing the Victoria Hotel. The construction of the building pioneered an innovative technique in which the foundation for the new building was created at the same time as the hotel was demolished. GFP acquired 230 Fifth Avenue in July 1958 and has managed the building ever since. In the early 1990s, the building was converted into a wholesale showroom building for the home industries and is now known as The New York MarketCenter™. The building stands 20 stories tall and is home to over 200 showrooms housing a diverse collection of product lines and categories, including Home Textiles, Decorative Accessories, Home Furnishings, Architectural Products, Art, and more. Situated on Fifth Avenue between 26th and 27th Streets, just north of Madison Square Park, the building is easily accessible by subway, bus, car and taxi. N, R and 6 trains are accessed at 23rd or 28th Street stops, with PATH service and and the F train available at 23rd Street and 6th Avenue or 33rd and 6th Avenue.